Professional Termite Elimination by Brown Exterminating
Brown Exterminating provides professional termite elimination services throughout the Blacksburg-Christiansburg-Radford, VA area.
You may have some idea that you are in the midst of a termite infestation if you have witnessed swarms of termites on or near your home or the results of the damage caused by their presence. Brown Exterminating offers professional termite inspection and identification services to help you determine with certainty whether or not you are have a termite problem.
While termite infestations may occasionally have telltale signs, in most cases there are no signs of infestation whatsoever until significant damage has already been done. Most worker termites are tiny and very good at hiding within their food source or within tunnel systems below the ground surface.
Termites survive by eating the cellulose that can be found in all types of wood and wood-based products including cardboard and books. If you suspect that you may have a termite infestation, it is best to call Brown Exterminating for an inspection.
When a colony is attempting to locate a new food source (usually in the springtime), you will notice winged termites around doors and windows. This may be your only warning sign.
How To Avoid Termite Infestations
Here are some tips on How to help avoid termite infestation:
- Keep Outside Vents Screened
- Inspect Exterior Wood Such as Decks, Wood Fences, Sheds, Garages, Dog Houses, etc. for Damage
- Keep Soil, Mulch, and Plants Well Clear of the Wood of Your Home
- Eliminate Moisture As Much As Possible
- Repair Leaks
- Maintain Gutters and Downspouts and Keep Water Away from Foundation
- Ensure That No Water Remains Sitting on Your Roof
- Seal Potential Entry Points Around Pipes, Wires, Utility Lines, etc.
- Keep Firewood, Lumber, Paper, Stumps, Debris, etc. Away from House
Termite Infestation Warning Signs
There are a few warning signs that indicate a potential termite infestation. If you notice any of these signs, you should immediately contact Brown Exterminating for a termite inspection:
- A Brief Swarm of Winged Insects in or Around Your Home or Emerging from the Soil
- Cracked or Bubbling Paint
- Termite Frass (Droppings)
- Hollow-Sounding Wood (When Tapped)
- Mud Tubes Located on Exterior Walls, Wooden Beams, or in Basements or Crawl Spaces
- Presence of Wings Laying Around That Were Discarded by Swarming Termites
Contact Brown Exterminating for a free termite inspection, consultation, estimate, or extermination service. We use premium Termidor® brand termiticide, America’s #1 termite defense system. Call now and protect your home or business from termite damage: (540) 674-0612.